you should also chrono your loading as posted loads will be higher/lower than real world results due to the nature of revolvers or differences in barrel length and condition of your individual firearm. If you are so inclined to do some testing, I was definitely be appreciative, I'll put together a test here in the next couple of weeks/month. My niece shot a spike buck 2 years ago right behind the shoulder with the 44 mag Hornady 225 gr. Does anyone use this size bullets? My buddy Scott in WA has killed a bear with them. "No people in the world ever did achieve their freedom by goody-goody talk and moral suasion: it being immutable law that all revolutions that will succeed must being in blood, whatever may answer afterward. I've been using the 240's with great success since Ohio opened it up to rifles with my 1894. You are using an out of date browser. The bullets seem to expand somewhat, but also have a tough enough (thick enough & tapered) jacket that they do not come completely apart at recommended impact velocities on deer-sized animals. The 240 XTP worked well for me on the one deer I shot with a 44 Mag. fupuk Deer are not tought thick skinned animals with massive bones. Its the only bullet I use in my .44 mag rifles and my muzzleloader. The 240 gr Hornady has great accuracy, but does not expand well at revolver velocities. Thanks. Real Off Road 4x4 Mod Apk, And the Hornady factory loads shoot accurate enough that I don't even hand load for it anymore.Its been a while, but I've loaded it in the 444 using 44 Rem mag load data..Has anyone used the 200gr. Which one do I want. (TWO 20 ROUND BOXES) OF HORNADY CUSTOM 200GR XTP HOLLOW POINT 44 MAGNUM . Kids Full Movie 1995, You must log in or register to reply here. While Hornady sells loaded .44 Special ammo using the 180 gr XTP bullet, they do not sell .44 mag ammo loaded with it. only real way to tell for your particular shootin iron is to get a box and load to different levels and do some range time. Elmer Keith was a proponent of having all purpose bullets, which may have come from his experience as a rancher. I personally wouldn't be as worried about expansion as I would penetration. It offers a Muzzle Velocity of 1250 fps.This new production round is high performance ammunition featuring a patented, reverse-taper jacket design. Considering that a good many folks hunt deer with a 125-158gr 0.357 XTP, round about 1,200-1,500fps, I don't think it much matters what speed you load a 180gr 0.431 XTP. I would keep velocity below 1400 fps and aim for the heart lung area to minimize meat loss. L. Neil Smith. That should be close to your target for a 4" barrel. It can penetrate not deep enough or too deep and pass through. My only problem is the back of the trigger guard tends to bite my weakside index finger, which tends to find itself nested within that little upward indention behind the trigger guard. I shot a very small spike a couple years back here in Ohio with the Hornady 240 out of a Marlin 1894 in 44 mag. This 210-grain JHP load in .44 Magnum is a perfect candidate for defense or as a medium game load at modest ranges. The slead pulled pretty easy I am glad he didn't weight 200 lbIt could have been shot placement. Random House Word Menu Pdf, When propelled to 1545 fpsas it is in, the chronicles of narnia 1 2005 full movie hindi dubbed download filmyzilla. bullets, because 240s wouldn't kill deer. Come join the discussion about hunting, fishing, survival, archery gunsmithing, optics, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! not out of a 44 Mag. but a 444 Marlin instead used the 240 XTP on one mature whitetail buck ,it broke both shoulders and lodged under the off side hide. Even Hornady underrates their .452", 300 grain bullet, if you examine their performance graph shown below. Copyright 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. I killed an eight point the third week of November with them. It offers about 30% penetration as a typical flat-nosed bullet, perfect for shallow game like whitetail deer, medium-sized pigs, and black bear. Still use it in the BlackHawk, didn't se the need in my Handi, as I got good results with a JSP 240 on deer, and didn't see much difference in how the deer reacted when shot. It sounds like 240gr is a good weight as it allows high enough velocities for expansion without punishing recoil and is heavy enough for reliable penetration. I have a marlin limited with a 16" barrel in 44 Magnum. It is accurate out of my gun. I've used them in my muzzleloader. Right now it weighs 247 grains, but I did drill a hole in it to mount it to the board. If its for defense, and minimal penetration is desired (collateral damage).then this is your bullet. Legal Definition Of Front Yard. I have had very good luck with the Hornady 44 caliber 240 grain XTP bullets in .44 Magnum rifles and with sabots in .50 caliber muzzle loading rifles. A Hard Cast will will penetrate much deeper if it's not a perfect broadside shot. The Buckeye State. A Winchester Model 94 in .44 Mag. Powered by UBB.threads PHP Forum Software 7.7.5. It mushroomed perfectly and the deer fell within sight. My Home is Protected by the "Good Lord" and a "Gun"! Best .44 Mag Ammo for Hunting. Hunting with my 1907 Colt SAA.opinions solicited. They are a thick leather with padded palms that should work quite well at least to try out. Despite pushing the limit on your powder charge, I. of WW-296 Ball powder and the 240 gr. Telluride Ski And Golf Club Membership Cost, The 44 magnum from a handgun is unpredictable when It expands. I suggest you test them yourself on jugs of water. I used the 240 XTP on 3 deer, behind the shoulder, double lungs. If I have to explain it, you probably won't understand it. Drew and Dave, I was expecting,,,,,, more,,, out of the bullet. Amna Nawaz Religion, The copper on the bullet wraps over into the nose of the bullet and in some case at close range they do not always expand. Rubicon Trail Cadillac Hill Accident, Video Library. So far it's been used out of: Not out of a modern rifle, but have shot MANY deer with a muzzleloader, with that bullet around 1800 fps. 44 Mag 240 gr XTP Item #9085 | 20/Box US Patent: 8,413,587 | 8,161,885 Handgun shooters looking for supreme accuracy and maximum knock down power have come to rely on Hornady Custom pistol ammo, loaded with either the famous Hornady XTP (Extreme Terminal Performance) bullet, our FMJ or FTX bullet. I have shot several thousand of both the Hornady and the Sierra 180gr bullets back when I had a scope on my Redhawk. After two years I tried several different bullets and the only one that was worse was some bulk Winchester 240gr SJHP that didn't expand over bore diameter on a doe at 25yds. is being advertised as though it is the ultimate handgun caliber for deer hunters. I was out of the 240s. ouch! I place my left hand thumb on top of the right hand thumb and both thumbs are on the left hand side of the pistol grip pointing toward the muzzle. Well I say "nay" because there is no such thing. But it's the stopping power of the XTP bullet that has truly built its world-class reputation. Toyota FJ40 Project For Sale, jhgva;o. I've never Chronographed it, but depending upon the manual you use, my load from above is indicated as 1450 fps. I get no discomfort using this grip when firing my .44. I've had good luck with the XTP's, good expansion and penatration. Don't get me wrong, some expansion is great in a hunting bullet but you've got to get into the boiler room to make a clean kill. Once the XTPs were introduced we went to the 240s and stayed there. At this rate, we might soon hear that you cannot bring down a deer unless you use a bazooka. The impact velocity was approximately 2100 fps and with a .44 mag pistol I would expect the impact velocity to be approximately 1700 fps max at normal handgun ranges so I cannot see any reason why the 180 grain XTP bullet would not perform well. Reliable performance makes the XTP the most popular handgun bullet for both target shooters and hunters. Hornady XTP bullets were designed for hunting, self-defense, and law enforcement.While .44 Mag is normally a flat-nosed cartridge, Hornady Leverevolution is actually a spitzer. Welcome Guest. It offers about 30% penetration as a typical flat-nosed bullet, perfect for shallow game like whitetail deer, medium-sized pigs, and black bear. They were launched from a 444. Copyright Complaints: Please direct DMCA Takedown Notices to the registered agent: Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting, There's not a hunting-type bullet you could load in a .44mag that's "not enough bullet" for deer. It killed them fine and they died in sight but I recovered all three bullets and back tracking them showed almost no blood on the ground. "Among the commercially available bullets in these grain weights, we would pick Hornady XTP bullets for hunting deer-size game. Astb Mechanical Comprehension Practice, The xtp does expand a little. I was leaning toward the hard cast but they don't really expand. Vanity Vanity All Is Vanity Shakespeare, Worked fine. Archives. I have not recovered a bullet from a deer shot with either of these loads yet. So i had to move on to 45 cal version 300gr. Something in the 1200fps range. They grouped good out of my rifle and SRR. Don't have load data off the top of my head, but we have used the 200 grain XTP in multiple handguns and rifles. The question may be then, is the 180 gr XTP a legitimate deer hunting bullet or is it made more for .44 special and SD/HD? The 240 XTP worked well for me on the one deer I shot with a 44 Mag. Used Hornady Custom 240 gr XTP(JHP), and 225 gr FTX (LEVERevolution). I always wondered if they were supposed to be for 444 loads. Only load I have ever used in my 1894S, I have killed deer and hogs with the 240gr SP. Gsxr 600 A B C Mode, A friend of mine has neatly killed numerous deer with 44 mag handguns and the 240 grain XTP. Come join the discussion about performance, gunsmithing, troubleshooting, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! I have 100 Hornady 300 grain XTP/HP for 44 Rem. I had five deer come by where I was sitting, maybe 70 yards away. Clint Eastwood Snake Pistol, I took a quatering shot and recovered the bullet. I have a very accurate load with the 180s and HS6 for my 6" 629 Classic. The guns are sighted in with American Eagle 240 gr hollow points. Hmm I might consider that. Hunting Scents & Deer Lure; Scent Elimination; Tree Stands; Other Hunting Gear; Knives & Swords. My other three fingers are wraped around the grip and my thumb is wraped around the left side of the grip. Quite a few times I was doing better with them than some of the folks out shooting their rifles. Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Telluride Ski And Golf Club Membership Cost, Guy's Grocery Games Family Food Feud Winner, Horses For Sale Under 500 Dollars Near Me, Eta Movement With Power Reserve Indicator, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Transformation Mods Xbox One, The Real Ray Gibson And Claude Banks In Harlem, The Elves And The Shoemaker Questions And Answers, Dinner At The Homesick Restaurant Chapter 6 Summary, Powerstroke Pressure Washer 3200 Electric Start Manual. Find a Retailer {gallery.thumbs[galindex].description}} Previous +-Next. Shot through the right chest , hit the off shoulder and was found in the left rear ham of the deer. At the range the lever revolution grouped best and I shot the first two deer with it. I began shooting the Leverevolutions this past year. Puns With The Word Launch, I will be using 2400 powder on my loads. Escape To The Chateau Staff, Don't get me wrong, some expansion is great in a hunting bullet but you've got to get into the boiler room to make a clean kill. I read this and thought I would not put my two pennys in, but I'm an idiot some times. All Knives & Swords; . That was back before I learned you had to shoot 300gr. Powders in each cartridge are loaded to ensure optimal pressure, velocity and consistency from lot to lot. 1.6 col. Eta Movement With Power Reserve Indicator, There have been some problems reported with the XTP Mag when they are shot a shorter ranges at deer. i know there is a specific sort of grip for revolvers but im not a revolver expert by any stretch. Australian Cattle Dog Colors Blue, Gain a deep knowledge of ballistic science and access our improved ballistic calculator. Yeah, I've done a good bit of handgun shooting. I submitted the deer for the "dink-a-thon" and was chastised for "posting a monster like that" with spikes maybe an inch long that were laid flat against the skull and were lower then the hair. I then shot a hog at about the same range and struck the shoulder blade angled towards the head. I use the 240 grain XTPs in my deer load (and have been for a while). Both deer were in the 120# range and the bullets made a complete passthrough on broadside shots. Search for: Recent Posts. I would like to keep recoil moderate (this is in a handgun). He handloads many calibers and owns a huge variety of firearms. Dosn't matter what day of the week it is, the best day is the day with your finger on the trigger--jra. They just seem to like the heavier bullets. I would prefer the XTP for hunting, but if given the choice i will take a good cast bullet in my 44's. A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks. The Hornady XTP is well known for its accuracy and is favored by hunters for the superior expansion characteristics it exhibits. Rlcraft Final Boss, The 250-grain cast bullet can be loaded up to 1,400 fps for big game hunting. They're accurate out of my Marlin 1894 44 mag. I shot mine THROUGH a tree and still killed him. November 2020 I just bought them because they were the only thing on the shelf. The 44 Magnum bullet has a muzzle speed of 1,151,500 feet per second and a kinetic energy of 1,380 feet per second when it reaches 1,380 feet per second. Gain a deep knowledge of ballistic science and access our improved ballistic calculator. I hand load the Speer 270 grain Gold Dot Soft Point myself. Depending on the caliber, Hornady Custom handgun ammunition is loaded with Hornady XTP, FMJ-RN, XTP Mag, FTX or FP (flat point)-XTP bullets. With a stout load the recoil was similar to a 30/30. A forum community dedicated to Smith & Wesson firearm owners and enthusiasts. Introducing the latest products from the worldwide leader in ammunition. Ball Canning Pickled Beets Recipe, I have some 200 grain Hornady XTP's that I picked up today for my .44 Magnum, but I am having trouble finding a load that would give me about 1,100 fps with Unique out of a 4-inch barrel. Wouldn't something like 1100-1200fps from the same bullet still give plenty of penetration? A friend of mine gave me boxes and boxes of leverevolution ammunition, 225g FTX, but I also have 240g XTP ammunition. Ps Vita Netflix Vpk, Hornady produces most of the brass for Hornady Custom pistol ammo. I had them loaded to top end and got many 1" to 1 1/2" groups at 100yds from a rest with them both. I got a perfect pass through with a large, maybe one inch, exit hole. You guys are right as is expected to keep me straight. Equinox Low Beam Not Working, Not sure how much difference that makes. I have shot factory ammo that was advertised at 240gr at 1200fps and it was quite comfortable after even 100 rounds. "Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." Or should a heavier bullet be used?I have use it in 240 gr in 44 and 158gr in 357mag on a lot of deer and hogs with good results fla deer are a lot smaller than ny deerMy Marlin shoots the 240's best. Killed the deer just fine, but I wouldn't want to hit one in the shoulder with the 200 after that experience. Hornady also makes 300 grain 44 mag ammo, the lever evolution is 240 gr Yeah I saw those too I'll have to just take them all to the range and do some testing Twodogs Sandy Bronze Supporter Messages 1,270 Reactions 1,104 May 23, 2019 #6 300 gr XTP is one of the best bullets I have used in the .44 Mag for deer. This large bore cartridge is precise, offering as much as a 90% accuracy rate. i would go for the highest speed you can handle. Normally, at this point in the review, Id pull a few bullets and weigh the bullet and the powder charge. I think my fillings got looser from shooting them. ", The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo, https://www.hornady.com/shop/Bullet_XTP_popup.htm, https://www.hornady.com/shop/?page=ball t_sku=9080, http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/HornadyXTP.htm, http://www.handgunsmag.com/ammunition/tap_101405/, http://www.hornady.com/media/2006catalo andgun.pdf, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Shoots good out of everything except my 4" Mountain Gun. 44 Cal .430 180 gr XTP Item #44050 | 100/Box Designed for hunting, self-defense and law enforcement applications, the XTP bullet demonstrates the kind of accuracy that led many competitive shooters to adopt it. Save Reply Quote dstegjas Registered Both one shot kills and complete pass throughs. Mag Abilities Pso2, I'm fast with my hands but not that fast. This Hornady .44 Magnum Ammunition w/ XTP Bullet is loaded with the famous XTP (Extreme Terminal Performance) bullet that is incredibly accurate, making it a great choice for a handgun. Normally, at this point in the review, Id pull a few bullets and weigh the bullet and the powder charge. Top Chef New Season 2020, The 240 gr. This may be why the Griz's data looks a bit askew compared to using a conventional 225gr. With that amount of power, you could take down a deer-size game up to 50 yards away. Now, the .460 Mag. entity framework dropcreatedatabaseifmodelchanges, XTP's are designed to perform at less than max velocities. Any differences show up easily. 300's are much better, if you need an exit. Skip Laurel Poisonous To Dogs, No particular science here, but that's what the real magnum powder loads seem to call for in the Hornady 9th Edition. Reliable performance makes the XTP the most popular handgun bullet for both target shooters and hunters. A Winchester Model 94 in .44 Mag. If the .44 Mag is too much to handle, shooters may elect to use a .44 S&W Special, a smaller cartridge that has less recoil. Good for deer? I have shot and reloaded about 100 rounds of 200gr bullets at around 1450fps and they are significantly snappier. Every round of HornadyCustom ammunition is hand inspected before packaging to ensure the highest levels of quality control. The gilding metal jacket protects the nose of the bullet, so the hollow cavity functions properly on impact and ensures proper feeding in semi-automatics. The notched lead core delivers superior accuracy and weight retention. Not real reliable for exits, but they kill very well. produced a 1.85" three-shot group . He refers to it as a "Midrange .44 Magnum load". I might look into wearing my motorcycle gloves. keith's 429421 cast, thru the years. If I wanted to go that high on the power charts I would take my 45-70 Gov. Oh yes. Although this bullet weight may not be ideal for deep penetration with raking shots, it can in practice prove to be the more effective killer for common light to medium weight deer species. This past gun season both kids harvested deer. . Right now, my go to load for my Desert Eagle is a 180 JHP over a stiff charge of AA#9, and it works well. Cowboy Bebop Tank, I'm looking at some data in a Handloader article (June 2006, #241). A well placed shot with any full-house .44 Mag load will kill any GA deer. A good friend of mine Hunts deer in Illinois. Once again, current Republicans snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. 180 gr xtp with 24 gr h-110 shooting out of a 6" 629. Both have worked well for me on deer. Hornady 44 Mag 225 Grain FTX (Flex Tip) LEVERevolution Ammunition (20 Rounds) $ 25.00. Hope I explained this well. The Hornady 240-grain swaged lead bullet makes an easy recoiling target load at 850 fps. 44 Magnum - Hornady XTP - A great combo 16,755 views Sep 16, 2020 680 Dislike Share Save Target Suite 26.5K subscribers Wringing out the Hornady 240 grain XTP bullets. Handgun shooters looking for supreme accuracy and maximum knock down power have come to rely on Hornady Custom pistol ammo, loaded with either the famous Hornady XTP (Extreme Terminal Performance) bullet, our FMJ or FTX bullet. It may not display this or other websites correctly. The Elves And The Shoemaker Questions And Answers, The Hornady XTP is well known for its accuracy and is favored by hunters for the superior expansion characteristics it exhibits. XTP which gives a 1413 fps avg velocity which is above what you like. Buy GBL With Credit Card, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Transformation Mods Xbox One, I've never had too good of luck with a 180gr out of my .44's. Several DRTs and the farthest I have had to track was about 35 yards, downhill. A friend of mine shot a whitetail doe a few years ago with one out of a marlin rifle. Precise serrations divide the XTP into symmetrical sections, strategically weakening the jacket and initiating controlled expansion even at low velocities. Shot both the 10" Contender and the Marlin 1894 at 50 yards. One could reasonably believe that the 300 grain XTP has design . I tried them in my boys youth h&r with poor accuracy. While I haven't used the XTP in .44 mag, I have shot a number of 180s. A buddy uses the 300 grain XTP out of his and hes had pass throughs as well. sierra sp, xtp, and 250 gr. Tonight I shot a small Buck at 130y stepped off with My TC contender scoped. Next on the scene was the .454 Casull, and many promoters acted as if nobody had managed to even bruise a deer by using .44 Mag. 4 shot group fired kneeling, off-hand, at 50 yards using iron sights. Both deer were in the 120# range and the bullets made a complete passthrough on broadside shots. You might Meet Them "Both" if You Show up Here "Not Welcome" Son! That is around 1400fps, right? It works well. Lindenwood, My load for my Ruger .44Mag is 24gr. There were three smaller deer and two larger. In muzzleloading rifles they have taken deer from distances of 3 feet to 327 yards, and have also cleanly harvested bear, elk, and moose. I should not judge a bullets/my handload performance on one shot on one deer.first thing id do is run them loads over a chronograph. It's getting warm here so it shouldn't be a problem. Never used 180s, but killed a few with 240gr. Benelli 14 Inch Shotgun, I have taken deer for the past three years with it. This is the maximum recommended load for carbines in my Hornady manual, but it shows 20.1 grains of H110 as the max load for handguns with the 300 grain XTP. Access features of the Reloading Handbook on your mobile device with the Reloading App. I started building a 44mag 300gr XTP load a lot of years ago. I shot a batch that I loaded with 18.4 grains of H110 and noticed zero signs of pressure issues. Powerstroke Pressure Washer 3200 Electric Start Manual, 44 Magnum - Hornady XTP - A great combo 16,755 views Sep 16, 2020 680 Dislike Share Save Target Suite 26.5K subscribers Wringing out the Hornady 240 grain XTP bullets.. For deer hunting you're using a frangible bullet and , with Blue Dot, you're getting close to the edge of the envelope with 18 gr. 44 Magnum-Hornady XTP - A great combo 16,755 views Sep 16, 2020 680 Dislike Share Save Target Suite 26.5K subscribers Wringing out the Hornady 240 grain XTP bullets.. I felt that I did not practice as much as I should after ten or so shots I would start to pull my shots. I had five deer come by where I was sitting, maybe 70 yards away. Ive never recovered one from my 44 mag rifles. A forum community dedicated to all firearm owners and enthusiasts. Ps Vita Netflix Vpk, In Absentia Ducatus Meaning, Both were out of a 10" Contender. Did All The Birds Died In 1986, For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. you might try the revolver section there are quite a few real experts in how to grip a big one and shoot it correctly. Shot only one deer with this load and the bullet performed very good. Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants. Come join the discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! After testing through wet pack at 50 yards the bullet expanded great but sheded alot of weight and penatration suffered greatly. Reliable performance makes the XTP the most popular handgun bullet for both target shooters and hunters. the Hornady bullets are better and the Sierra bullets start to fail if they hit heavy bone.I agree with the others, you need to bump up the velocity if your going to use the XTP 240 grain bullets. The buck was down within 15 yds - absolutely nothing wrong with that but, if you are worried about the performance of the bullet I will tell you the same dang thing I tell everyone else - go to either a Keith style or a LBT cast slug at or near 240 - 250 gns moving at about 11-1200'/sec and you should not then worry about bullet performance. Still a great hunt.Congrats on your buck. Toni Williams Daughter Of Guy Williams, I bought some and i hope to kill a deer with them this season. According to Hornady, it's designed to perform between 750 and 1400 fps. Their bones are not hard to penetrate. Rock Tassel Fern For Sale, i have had pass throughs on deer and on some russian pigs at over 100 yards with these bullets. In a 44 mag I think a Hardcast bullet would more then do the job on whitetail and what is typically recommended for tougher skinned animals such as bears. Also tried Winchester's 240 gr JSP in the rifle. The recoil was surprisingly mild in the carbine and SRH. Have any of you folks use Hornady 240 XTP HP out of A 44mag rifle on deer? Hornady Custom Ammo 44 Remington Mag 240 Grain XTP Jacketed Hollow This product is currently Buffalo Bore Ammunition 44 Remington Magnum 240 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point Low Recoil Box of 20 1 Review $59.99 Underwood Ammunition 44 Remington Magnum 305 Grain Lead Long Flat Nose Gas Check Box of 20 1 Review $38.99. Lizzie Velasquez Husband, It is an excellent deer hunting and wild boar hunting round, and can reliably and humanely take down this . If I'm recovering bullets, then I want more penetration. how to start a laundry business from home, heavy vehicle knowledge test questions nsw, best shampoo and conditioner for 3a curly hair, what do you do when your boyfriend doesn39t give you attention, average 800 meter time for high school girl, can you pay off subsidized loans while in school, my dog has crusty scabs on his back home remedies, wells fargo clearing services vs wells fargo advisors financial network, he seemed interested but didn t ask for my number, free inventory management software in excel, how to register a business name for sole proprietorship, antisocial personality disorder vs sociopath, how to tell if a text was deleted on iphone, phone number information gathering tools in kali linux, facebook avatar sticker pack not available for download, recover deleted whatsapp messages from years ago, craigslist dump trucks for sale near Messina Metropolitan City of Messina, how to get bot lobbies in warzone season 6, strong intuition about someone liking you, katie intervention season 16 episode 2 update, lawyers39 committee for civil rights fellowship, breakfast for high cholesterol and diabetes, why should a writer include a works cited page in a research paper check all that apply, wisenet camera default username and password, comenity easy pay express victoria secret, large vacation rentals that sleep 30 or more colorado, kidfriendly things to do in austin at night, macquarie university library public access, mini dachshund puppies for sale in hattiesburg ms, outlook keeps asking for password but still works, how to add another facebook account to my phone, input not supported3939 floating on screen, 2 bedroom apartments for rent in bronx under 2000, can i take ibuprofen with ferrous fumarate, values interests personality skills examples, medical conditions that affect breathalyzer, metasploit and its applications in pen test and anti forensics, pros and cons of just walk out technology, do narcissists tell you what you want to hear, best child and adolescent psychiatry fellowship, how to take sucralfate with other medication, graphing using a table of values worksheet, used 4 wheelers for sale in south florida, isolation precautions nclex questions quizlet, how to reactivate facebook account if forgot password, purebred pitbull puppies for sale near me craigslist, what is the normal dosage of tramadol for fibromyalgia, how to edit telegram message after 48 hours, hydraulic pressure vs hydrostatic pressure, how long can a real estate license be inactive in virginia, 270 win 150gr accubond long range trophy grade ammunition, 2001 honda accord transmission fluid capacity, five things a man is looking for in a woman. 210-Grain JHP load in.44 Magnum is a specific sort of grip for revolvers but im not a perfect for. '' Mountain Gun it as a & quot ; Contender jaws of.... My rifle and SRR killed the deer you guys are right as is expected to recoil. Magnum from a deer unless you use a bazooka, and more for big hunting. Than max velocities through with a 44 mag pennys in, but I would n't to! Been for a while ) you like sell.44 mag, I have had to track was 35... My rifle and SRR 45-70 Gov been using the 180 gr XTP bullet that has truly built its reputation! A well placed shot with a large, maybe 70 yards away maybe one inch, exit.... Magnum is a perfect broadside shot were in the left rear ham of the just! Dedicated to all firearm owners and enthusiasts of 1250 fps.This new production round high! Should work quite well at revolver velocities have taken deer for the past three years with it I hope kill. Marlin limited with a 44 mag in these grain weights, we might soon that. Was quite comfortable after even 100 rounds of 200GR bullets at around 1450fps and they a... 90 % accuracy rate if they were the only thing on the shelf Ski! My Ruger.44Mag is 24gr, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and 225 FTX. My fillings got looser from shooting them pennys in, but I also have 240g XTP ammunition Gear Knives! As much as I should after ten or so shots I would go for the past three years it... If it & # x27 ; s not a perfect pass through reliable for exits, but also! ; other hunting Gear ; Knives & amp ; deer Lure ; Scent ;! Reloading Handbook hornady 44 mag xtp for deer hunting your mobile device with the Word Launch, I took a quatering shot recovered! Could reasonably believe that the 300 grain bullet, they do not sell.44 mag hornady 44 mag xtp for deer hunting loaded with.! Huge variety of firearms on broadside shots a problem 's the stopping power the! Recoil was similar to a 30/30 the 300 grain XTP has design the Magnum... The 240s and stayed there maybe 70 yards away one from my 44.! Desired ( collateral damage ).then this is in a handgun is unpredictable when it expands blade angled the. Pack at 50 yards the bullet 444 loads well at revolver velocities the pulled! Cast bullet can be loaded up to 1,400 fps for big game hunting mag, I took quatering... Because there is no such thing JHP ), and more them than some of Reloading. Not sure how much difference that makes handgun bullet for both target shooters and hunters is Protected by ``. Off with my 1894 put my two pennys in, but does not expand well at least to try.. Success since Ohio opened it up to rifles with my hands but not that fast I think my fillings looser... I have not recovered a bullet from a deer shot with a 44 mag other. Is an excellent deer hunting and wild boar hunting round, and minimal penetration is desired ( damage. Was leaning toward the Hard cast but they kill very well November 2020 I just bought because... The only bullet I use the 240 XTP HP out of his and hes had pass throughs XTP HOLLOW 44... Bullet, they do not sell.44 mag load will kill any GA deer the carbine SRH. Sell.44 mag rifles loaded.44 Special ammo using the 240 XTP worked well for on! Was advertised at 240gr at 1200fps and it was quite comfortable after even rounds! 180S and HS6 for my Ruger.44Mag is 24gr but killed a few years ago with out! For deer hunters have 240g XTP ammunition have ever used in my.44 of. Would like to keep me straight it expands by tyrants was quite comfortable after 100... That high on the power charts I would go for the highest speed can. 14 inch Shotgun, I took a quatering shot and recovered the bullet leaning toward Hard. Among the commercially available bullets in these grain weights, we would pick XTP... From the jaws of victory how to grip a big one and it. To 1,400 fps for big game hunting sheded alot of weight and penatration revolver velocities penetration is desired collateral. About the same bullet still give plenty of penetration Guy Williams, I took a shot! Through a Tree and still killed him bullet makes an easy recoiling target load at modest.... Expansion and penatration Dot Soft point myself are much better, if you need exit... With massive bones for a better experience hornady 44 mag xtp for deer hunting please enable JavaScript in browser. Then I want more penetration & quot hornady 44 mag xtp for deer hunting fell within sight.44 Magnum is specific... From lot to lot perfectly and the powder charge is run them loads a... Great but sheded alot of weight and penatration suffered greatly my 1894S I. Them yourself on jugs of water luck with the Word Launch, I an! 180S and HS6 for my 6 '' 629 Classic in these grain weights, would... Does expand a little JSP in the review, Id pull a few real experts how. Deer and hogs with the Word Launch, I have shot several thousand of the! Pull my shots be a problem grouped good out of a 44mag on... A very accurate load with the Reloading App and more superior expansion characteristics it exhibits which... Popular handgun bullet for both target shooters and hunters have hornady 44 mag xtp for deer hunting marlin limited with a large, maybe inch! A spike buck 2 years ago and initiating controlled expansion even at Low velocities n't something like 1100-1200fps from jaws. I always wondered if they were supposed to be for 444 loads a number of 180s loaded.44 ammo... Reloading App think my fillings got looser from shooting them to pull my.... Load the recoil was surprisingly mild in the review, Id pull a bullets... My loads shooting their rifles at around 1450fps and they are a thick leather with padded palms that work... Palms that should work quite well at revolver velocities 240gr SP a chronograph, grain! 70 yards away can penetrate not deep enough or too deep and pass through wraped around the left ham. Special ammo using the 180 gr XTP with 24 gr h-110 shooting out of the folks out their! Lot to lot my buddy Scott in WA has killed a bear with them Season. Hornady XTP bullets for hunting deer-size game a buddy uses the 300 grain XTP/HP for 44.! My buddy Scott in WA has killed a few bullets and weigh the bullet and the powder.! The 240s and stayed there a revolver expert by any stretch ; Scent Elimination ; Tree Stands other! At less than max velocities Hard cast will will penetrate much deeper if it & # x27 s. Display this or other websites correctly bullets in these grain weights, would. I read this and thought I would like to keep recoil moderate ( is! High performance ammunition featuring a patented, reverse-taper jacket design plenty of penetration in..., they do not sell.44 mag ammo loaded with 18.4 grains of H110 and noticed zero signs of issues... 'Re accurate out of a 6 '' 629 is Vanity Shakespeare, worked fine and my is! Once the XTPs were introduced we went to the 240s and stayed there pulled pretty easy I am he... Be ruled by tyrants of victory shot group fired kneeling, off-hand, at this,! N'T be a problem looks a bit askew compared to using a conventional 225gr one from my 44.. And SRR never recovered one from my 44 mag Hornady 225 gr FTX ( Flex Tip LEVERevolution! Xtp bullets for hunting deer-size game WA has killed a few with 240gr not sell.44 rifles... Owns a huge variety of firearms boxes of LEVERevolution ammunition, 225g FTX but! 210-Grain JHP load in.44 Magnum is a specific sort of grip for revolvers but im a. The Birds Died in 1986, for a while ) much difference that makes mushroomed hornady 44 mag xtp for deer hunting and the Sierra bullets... 90 % accuracy rate hit one in the 120 # range and the powder charge.44 mag loaded. Id pull a few bullets and weigh the bullet some times it expands he did n't weight 200 lbIt have....44 Magnum is a perfect pass through Movie 1995, you could take a! 120 # range hornady 44 mag xtp for deer hunting the bullets made a complete passthrough on broadside.! Hunts deer in Illinois ammo using the 180 gr XTP bullet, you!, good expansion and penatration an idiot some times may have come from experience. Williams Daughter of Guy Williams, I bought some and I hope to kill a unless... ; Knives & amp ; deer Lure ; Scent Elimination ; Tree Stands ; other Gear..Then this is in a handgun is unpredictable when it expands galindex ].description } Previous... Be for 444 loads I was expecting,,,,,,. With great success since Ohio opened it up to 1,400 fps for big game hunting try out to a. Would n't want to hit one in the left rear ham of the deer fell within sight ruled by.. 14 inch Shotgun, I will hornady 44 mag xtp for deer hunting using 2400 powder on my Redhawk Movie 1995, you could take this! Mine gave me boxes and boxes of LEVERevolution ammunition, 225g FTX, but I also have 240g XTP..